Why PPA Transparency Matters to:
Why PPA Transparency Matters To:
- Abundant affordable electricity matters to everyone.
- Giving the public access to view electricity contracts signed on their behalf will reduce corruption, boost citizen accountability, build clean energy faster, and ultimately do more to end poverty for billions.
- Everyone deserves electricity that is affordable, reliable, and meets the needs of their communities and families.
- More clean energy will reduce poverty and also benefit the planet.
- But electricity contracts in many countries are negotiated entirely behind closed doors, removing the benefits of competition and slowing project implementation.
- Citizen concerns about the identities and motivations of key players in a critical sector such as electricity are a common source of mistrust.